A look at the all-new Jeep Wrangler 2019
The new Wrangler, which is just as happy on city streets as it is off the beaten path, brings together Jeep's legendary off-road prowess, with superior on-road comfort, authentic style and state-of-the-art technology.
The result is the most capable Wrangler ever, courtesy of unmatched technical content which, depending on trim, includes two advanced four-wheel drive, active, on-demand full time systems – Command-Trac and Rock-Trac – plus Tru-Lock electric front- and rear-axle lockers, Trac-Lok limited slip differential and electronic front anti-roll bar disconnect.
Among the changes to the MY19 Wrangler are:
- New styling all round, giving a fresh appearance
- Refreshed and updated interior with increased storage capacity
- All-new engines – 2.2-litre MultiJet II turbo diesel and 2.0-litre turbo petrol
- New LED headlamps and rear lights
- New Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Improved safety content, including Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path detection, ParkView reverse camera, electronic stability control (ESC) with electronic roll mitigation and four standard air bags
- “Wrangler is the undisputed champion off-road, and now it is even better for everyday urban on-road driving,” says Andrew Tracey, Marketing Director, Jeep UK. “It’s a one-of-a-kind that has been completely renewed while remaining true to its original values.”
Engineered to master the most challenging off-road tracks, Jeep Wrangler is the result of more than 75 years of leadership in the development of 4x4 systems. Two four-wheel drive systems are available: Command-Trac, on the Sahara and Overland trim level, and Rock-Trac, standard on Rubicon trim. Both systems feature the new Selec-Trac full-time two-speed transfer case for a continuous monitoring and management of the torque sent to front and rear wheels.
The Wrangler engine range is enhanced with the introduction of two new units – the 2.2-litre MultiJet II turbo diesel and the 2.0-litre turbocharged in-line four-cylinder petrol. All Wrangler engine options are linked to an eight-speed automatic transmission, new for this model.
Congratulations to Mev. Witbooi who got a great deal on her new Hyundai i120!