A first look at the all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV
The all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV will be the second vehicle to follow the ‘choose your Peugeot, choose your powertrain’ philosophy when it arrives later this year. The all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV will be available with a choice of 100% electric, petrol or diesel powertrains.
Combining class-leading levels of technology, an instinctive driving experience and sharp design, the all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV will offer a unique proposition in the compact SUV segment.
The all-new 2008 SUV features Peugeot’s latest 3D i-Cockpit® with hologram technology and a state-of-the art head-up display, increasing driver reaction times.
A powertrain for every occasion
The all-new e-2008 SUV is powered by a 100kW (136bhp) electric motor and 50kWh battery. Under WLTP testing, the 100% electric zero-emission SUV will achieve 193 miles of range.
Capable of supporting 100kW rapid charging technology, an 80% charge will take just 30 minutes, while a full charge using conventional 7.4kW and 11kW fast chargers will take between eight hours and five hours.
With the MyPeugeot® app, owners will be able to pre-set the charging times, heating and air conditioning on their all-new e-2008 SUV, as well as check its current charge level remotely.
The all-new e-2008 SUV will feature two forms of energy recovery. Selecting Drive “D” recovery from the drive selector will feel similar to driving a standard diesel or petrol model, while Brake “B” provides more regenerative braking when lifting off the accelerator.
A series of unique styling cues help set the all-new e-2008 SUV apart from its petrol and diesel counterparts:
- A sparkling dichroic Lion emblem, with reflections alternating between green and blue depending on the angle of view
- An “e” monogram on the front side panel and tailgate
- A body coloured chequered front grille
- Exclusive seat upholstery in Alcantara© on the e-2008 SUV GT
- Animation of specific information illustrating the operation of the powertrain in real time, accessed through the 3D digital instrument panel and can also be projected, like a hologram, via the colour
The 50kWh battery is positioned under the floor of the all-new e-2008 SUV, so there’s no compromise to boot or interior space whichever powertrain is selected.
All-new Peugeot 2008 SUV petrol and diesel models
The all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV features the latest Euro 6d petrol and diesel engines. There will be three petrol and one diesel engines to choose from, based on Peugeot’s three-cylinder 1.2 PureTech petrol engine and the four-cylinder 1.5 BlueHDi diesel.
Since 2017, Peugeot models have met the Real Driving Emissions (RDE) with a compliance factor of 1.5 instead of the current, permitted, 2.1 conformity factor - three years ahead of the regulation deadline.
Peugeot Drive Assist & Technology
The all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV comes with class leading technology and safety features, including:
- Drive Assist: Allowing for semi-autonomous driving including Lane Positioning Assist and Lane Departure Warning, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go (in 8-speed automatic only)
- Full Park Assist: Which takes over entering and leaving a parking space. The system can leave just 60cm of space between cars
Automatic Emergency Brake Assist: Latest generation system can detect pedestrians and cyclists by day and night at up to 85mph and warns of a risk of collision
- Active lane (or verge) keeping assist: Corrects the vehicle’s course from 40mph
- Driver Attention Monitoring: Detects the driver’s alertness on long journeys from 40mph using steering wheel micro-movement analysis technology
- Peugeot Smartbeam Assistance - automatic headlight dipping
- Speed limit recognition and recommendation
- Extended traffic sign recognition: Includes ‘Stop’ and ‘No Entry’
- Active Blind Spot Monitoring: Features course correction from 7mph
- Electric parking brake
The all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV has a premium hi-fi system developed by French specialist FOCAL® and was more than three years in development. Made up of 10 speakers, FOCAL® has utilised technologies usually reserved for living room installations to fine-tune the acoustics in the all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV.
Design & Space
Available in Active, Allure, GT Line and GT trim levels, both the all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV and all-new e-2008 SUV are an extension of the current Peugeot design philosophy, featuring sharp angles and distinctive looks.
The all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV and all-new e-2008 SUV will be available in a range of vibrant colours, including a new and exclusive metallic paint, Fusion Orange.
Built on the new Common Modular Platform (CMP), the all-new Peugeot 2008 SUV is 4.3m long (14cm longer than its predecessor), 1.7m wide and 1.54m high.
Practicality comes as standard and the 360L boot volume is the same across all powertrain choices.
Inside, the innovative use of colours and materials create a modern and stylish environment. The interior environment can also be personalised with a choice of 8 RGB LED colours.
A very happy first-time buyer, Tobeka, unveils her new vehicle.