Enhanced Ford Mondeo with new Hybrid Wagon unveiled
The enhanced Ford Mondeo – introducing elegant new exterior and interior design details and a new Hybrid Wagon variant for the first time – was revealed at the Brussels Motor Show, Belgium, for delivery from March.
The new Mondeo Hybrid is a unique offering in its segment and further significant Mondeo upgrades include:
- An even more refined petrol-electric driving experience for the fuel-efficient Mondeo Hybrid
- Ford’s advanced 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine introduced for superior long-distance cruising
- Ford’s new intelligent eight-speed automatic transmission, which adapts shift patterns to driving style for improved refinement, and is controlled using a stylish and ergonomic rotary gear shift dial
- Adaptive Cruise Control enhanced with Stop & Go joins Mondeo’s sophisticated suite of driver assistance technologies, for easier driving in motorway and stop-start traffic
“The Ford Mondeo Hybrid offers a unique driving experience with its refined automatic transmission and ability to pull away silently. Combined with the benefits of a low CO2 petrol engine we expect the Hybrid to account for up to 50 per cent of sales,” said Roelant de Waard, Ford European Marketing, Sales and Service vice-president.
“At the same time we are introducing an all-new diesel powertrain with SCR (selective catalytic reduction) technology to meet and exceed the latest Euro 6d Temp emissions standards, with an all-new eight-speed automatic transmission available.”
- For customers who require greater load-carrying capability, the new Mondeo Hybrid wagon delivers the driving range and freedom offered by a traditional combustion engine with the efficiency and refinement of an electric powertrain.
Wagon versatility. Hybrid efficiency
In both wagon and coupe-inspired four-door body styles, the self-charging Mondeo Hybrid is capable of pure electric driving and offers silent key start capability for refinement particularly in city and stop-start driving scenarios. The powertrain eliminates both range anxiety and the need for customers to use an external power source to charge the battery.
The latest generation of Mondeo Hybrid powertrain control software delivers a smooth, linear response to acceleration demand for a more refined driving experience. The enhanced powertrain software is also more effective at using the engine’s torque to deliver greater fuel efficiency and performance – seamlessly adjusting transmission ratios to utilise the highest engine torque at lowest engine speed.
- Delivers driving performance alongside fuel efficiency and low CO2 emissions
Powerful and refined
Ford’s advanced 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine is introduced to Mondeo for the first time, delivering the driving performance of a larger capacity engine alongside the fuel efficiency and low CO2 emissions synonymous with a smaller engine capacity.
Executive style and craftsmanship
Elegant updates to Mondeo’s exterior and interior design enhance the executive appeal of four-door, five-door and wagon models, while amplifying the visual differentiation between Mondeo Zetec Edition, Titanium Edition, ST-Line Edition and Vignale series.
A contemporary new front end design incorporates:
- An enhanced upper trapezoidal grille shape with a deeper visual effect; chrome, horizontal bar finish for Titanium Edition models; black, technical slotted finish for ST-Line Edition models; and exclusive satin silver “flying-V” finish for Vignale models
- A revised lower grille design that blends into the new fog-light surrounds for Titanium Edition and Vignale models, and is bordered with sporty winglets for ST-Line models
- New fog-light and LED daytime running-light designs
- A sporty new bumper fascia with more pronounced lower lip spoiler
Congratulations to Mrs Conley, driving away happy
in her new Hyundai Grand i10 1.2 Fluid.